As a UCOS our mission is to improve health, increase integration, encourage, and support the inclusion, and educational success of people from groups that are severely underrepresented in the community. Black African/Black Caribbean in particular.
UCOS vision is to create model projects throughout the community that are intended to provide additional layers of health education and social support for people from populations that are severely underrepresented in health, social support and higher education, particularly African, African Caribbean . It is expected that UCOS program activities will be implemented to remedy the above vision.
Increase the integration of BME Community.
Improve health and wellbeing of underrepresented BME community.
Improve education and grade point of children and young people from BME community.
To encourage and empower men and women to access health services by:
- Visiting health care professionals to receive regular check-ups and preventive
- Improving physical activity
- Advising on healthier eating variants
- Increasing awareness of emotional health and wellbeing, mental health.
- Raise awareness of main health issues which disproportionately affect sections of the